Monday, June 25, 2012

What ever am I thinking?

Love to read? Love to write? Want to learn more about either one? Then you have come to the 'write' place. (Sorry, I had to.) This is the inaugural post in what I hope becomes the "Simpsons'" equivalent to blogging. Each week, I will introduce you to a new author. They may be established or up-and-coming. And they will span ALL the genres. While I plan on this being a PG rated blog, there will be times when the content might veer towards the adult side. If that happens, I will try to give you fair warning ahead of time so you don't click on a book that might not be...work friendly.


Warning: Horrible Paraphrase in 3...2...1... Stephen King said in "On Writing" that to be a better author, you needed to know the craft, but more importantly, you needed to know the industry. And seeing as I am unable to get a guided tour through the publishing industry and have someone teach me all the ins and outs, I decided to learn by talking to published authors. You know, learn from the people who are in there.

What will be coming down the pike? Your guess at this point is as good as mine. This is a work in progress. This blog is a 'living document' if you will. It is subject to change and if we're lucky, there WILL be change. I will say that I'm not going after any of the "A-Listers" at this juncture. Why? Because I have neither the time nor the patience to wade through gatekeepers and agents to wrangle a few minutes of their time.

Nope, I'm going after the dudes (and dudettes) in the trenches. I'm looking at people who aren't in the rarefied air of stardom. I'm looking at regular folks who caught lightning in a bottle and got published, then, continued on to the next book. These are going to be people you've probably not heard of, and hopefully people that you will come to love and read. Because, really, when you boil it all down, that's what this is all about. Reading and writing.


So, sit back, relax and get ready for a weekly dose of interviews...with authors. (Hence the title.)

Hey, you never know, you might find something you really like. And if you do, you better tell me!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog. If you'd like to interview me, just shoot me an email at RedTashBooks@gmail.com.

    Once you've gathered some conclusions about the industry, I'd love to have you guest post about your project for my Writer Wednesday feature, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm really excited about this project, and hope it takes wing. This will rely, in no small part, on authors cross-promoting each other and thereby growing everyone's fan base. I sent you an email and I look forward to talking with you further.

    ReplyDelete